For many of our patients, a full head of hair is a symbol of youth and vitality. If you are experiencing thinning hair or premature hair loss, Urban Medspa & Weight Loss Center can help you reverse your symptoms and restore your self-confidence with PRP hair restoration therapy.
To learn more about this revolutionary hair restoration technique, call us today at (704) 971-9191 to schedule a personal consultation. We proudly welcome patients of all skin tones from across Charlotte and neighboring communities.
What Is PRP Hair Restoration Therapy?
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) hair restoration therapy is an innovative procedure that utilizes your body’s own platelet blood cells. These cells can reactivate dormant hair follicles when injected into targeted areas, providing you with a fuller head of hair.
This minimally-invasive procedure employs a technique that has been successfully used for several years in other cosmetic procedures such as microneedling with PRP.
What Is a Typical Procedure Like?
Your PRP hair restoration therapy will begin with a preliminary consultation to determine your candidacy for the procedure. If you qualify for treatment, you will be given a prescription for Propecia and your initial therapy session will be scheduled.
On the day of your hair restoration procedure at Urban Medspa & Weight Loss Center:
- You should drink plenty of water before your appointment to maximize the amount of plasma we can obtain from your blood draw.
- "Before" photos will be taken of the treatment area.
- Your blood will be drawn as in any routine blood test.
- Your blood sample will be spun in a centrifuge, separating the platelet rich plasma which contains essential proteins and growth factors that stimulate natural hair growth.
- The skin of your scalp will be numbed for your comfort.
- The PRP will be delivered to the target area with a microneedling pen or an injection with a very fine needle.
The entire procedure takes approximately 60-75 minutes to complete. There is no downtime from the treatment, although you may experience a mild headache or tenderness in the hairline the day of your procedure.
Results are usually seen within two months of the treatment and last for an additional six months. Patients typically require two to three treatments for maximum results.
- Individual treatment price: $699
We require a consultation prior to booking the treatment. The consultation is $99 and includes a written prescription of Propecia if the client qualifies. The $99 will be credited to their first hair treatment. We recommend 2-4 sessions each spaced 6-10 weeks apart.
Schedule Your Consultation Today
If you live in Charlotte and would like to find out if you are a candidate for PRP hair restoration therapy, please contact Urban Medspa & Weight Loss Center today at (704) 971-9191 to schedule a consultation.