ACNE AND SCARRING TREATMENTS
Providing Beautiful Skin to Charlotte and Nearby Areas of North Carolina
Acne is a common skin problem that usually appears in outbreaks on the face, neck, back, chest and shoulders. Although most often associated with adolescence, acne can affect men and women of any age. Women are particularly prone to acne as their hormone levels change during pregnancy, when starting birth control pills or just before a menstrual cycle.
Acne can be an embarrassing source of emotional distress, and severe cases can result in permanent scars. If you are experiencing chronic acne, or if you have scars that were caused by past outbreaks, please contact Urban Medspa & Weight Loss Center today at (704) 971-9191 to schedule a personal consultation with our compassionate and experienced aestheticians. Our Charlotte facility proudly serves patients of all skin tones.
Your Acne Treatment Begins with a Comprehensive Consultation
Every person is different, and what works for one patient may not be as effective for another. The key to successful acne treatment begins with a comprehensive consultation with a licensed aesthetician. During your initial visit with our caring staff, we will evaluate your condition by examining a number of important factors, including your medical history, past treatments, current medications and typical diet.
Patient education is a priority at Urban Medspa & Weight Loss Center. We will take the time to explain the details of your condition and provide a thorough explanation of the results you can realistically expect with our recommended solutions.
Prescription Acne Medication and Other Treatments
The goal of acne treatment is to heal existing lesions while preventing new lesions and scars from forming. We offer a number of acne treatment options and combined approaches to address your unique situation, including:
- Oral acne medication: Many women have increased sensitivity to testosterone that is naturally present in their systems. Testosterone causes oil glands to go into overdrive, causing breakouts and wreaking havoc on the skin. Spironolactone is an oral medication that effectively decreases the circulating testosterone in your body. Spironolactone should not be used by men or pregnant women. We will help determine what solution is best for you during your consultation.
- Exam with practitioner and 90-day supply of medication: $195
- Topical home regimen: We proudly offer multiple acne control packages through our premium line of Urban Skin Rx products. Depending on your needs, these packages can help address skin that is prone to blackheads, whiteheads and pimples, enlarged or clogged pores as well as skin that appears uneven or blotchy.
- Chemical peels: Chemical peels rejuvenate the skin’s surface by removing the damaged outer layers of your skin to reveal a new, glowing complexion beneath. Visit our Chemical Peels page to learn more about our vast selection of session packages for acne treatment.
- Facials: Each of our specialized facial treatments is formulated to cater to your individual skin care needs. These treatments will leave you feeling refreshed and provide a deep rejuvenation from which your skin will benefit for weeks. Visit our Facials page to learn more about these popular and effective treatments.
- Microdermabrasion: If you are looking for a non-chemical, non-invasive procedure to gently exfoliate and rejuvenate your skin, visit our Microdermabrasion page to learn about this advanced approach to achieving younger, healthier-looking skin.
Most cases of acne clear up without any long-lasting effects. However, some people are left with scarring and pitting. Just like other types of scarring, acne scars are the result of a wound in or on the skin which triggers the production of too much collagen in a certain area. Unlike other scars, acne scars develop beneath the skin, which can make them more difficult to treat.
If you suffer from acne scarring, Urban Medspa & Weight Loss Center has several different types of procedures and treatments to help. The right strategy for your treatment can be determined by our skilled and experienced aestheticians, and could involve any of the following services:
- Clear + Brilliant
- 360 laser treatment
- Microneedling with PRP
- Urban Skin Rx anti-aging regimen
- Dermal fillers
Schedule Your Acne Treatment Consultation Today
You deserve to look and feel your best. Regardless of your skin tone, Urban Medspa & Weight Loss Center can help you find effective acne remedies. Schedule your acne treatment consultation today by completing the form on this page or calling (704) 971-9191. We welcome patients from throughout the Charlotte area.
Drop us a line!
Have a question or concern you want to send to us directly? Feel free to fill out the form below and one of our friendly staff will get back to you.
8535 Cliff Cameron Dr #116 Charlotte, NC 28269
Monday to Friday : 10am – 7pm
Saturday : 9am – 6pm
Every Other Sunday : 12pm – 5pm